martes, 12 de abril de 2016

1º Bach. Homework

1.She will be taking care of the children for us next weekend because her business trip was cancelled.
- But, she (take, not) would not be taking care of the children for us next weekend if her business trip (be, not) had not been cancelled.
2. Tom is not going to come to dinner tomorrow because you insulted him yesterday.
-But, he (come) ____________________if you (insult) ____________________ him.
3. Marie is unhappy because she gave up her career when she got married.
But, Marie (be) ____________________happy if she (give, not) ____________________ up her career when she got married.
4. Dr. Mercer decided not to accept the research grant at Harvard because he is going to take six months off to spend more time with his family.
-But, Dr. Mercer (accept) ____________________the research grant at Harvard if he (take, not) ____________________six months off to spend more time with his family.
5. Professor Schmitz talked so much about the Maasai tribe because she is an expert on African tribal groups.
-But, Professor Schmitz (talk, not) ____________________so much about the Maasai tribe if she (be, not) ____________________an expert on African tribal groups.
6. I am unemployed because I had a disagreement with my boss and I was fired.
-But, I (be, not) ____________________unemployed if I (have, not) ____________________a disagreement with my boss and I (be, not) fired.
7. Nicole speaks Chinese fluently because she lived in China for ten years.
-But, Nicole (speak, not) ____________________Chinese fluently if she (live, not) ____________________in China for ten years.
8. I will not help you study for your test because you have spent the last two weeks partying and wasting time.
-But, I (help) ____________________you study for your test if you (spend, not) ____________________the last two weeks partying and wasting time.
9. Eleanor and Ben are not going skiing with us this year because Eleanor just had a baby.
-But, Eleanor and Ben (go) ____________________skiing with us this year if Eleanor (have, not, just) ____________________a baby.
10. I am completely exhausted, so I will not go with you to the movies tonight.
-But, if I (be, not) ____________________completely exhausted, I (go) ____________________ with you to the movies tonight.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario