lunes, 25 de enero de 2016

1º bach. Homework

*Write these sentences again together without using a relative pronoun.
1 I spoke to a shop assistant. She was very polite. The shop assistant...
2 The women were sent to prison. It was in the next county. The prison...
3 There is the perfume. You were talking about it.
4 The restaurant was in West Street. We went to it.
5 The woman is a good friend of mine. I borrowed the money from her.
6 The man is Sue's cousin. I introduced you to him.
7 The hotel overlooked the sea. We stayed at it.
8 The shop is closed. I bought the shoes from it.
9 The people like him very much. He works with them.
10 The people were very kind. I stayed with them.

*Join each pair of sentences using (a) a preposition + whom or which ..... (b) who or which ..... + preposition 
Example: Mr Jones is a teacher. I was talking to him.
(a) Mr Jones, to whom I was talking, is a teacher.
(b) Mr Jones, who I was talking to, is a teacher.
1 Peter's party is next Saturday. We are all invited to it.
2 Mr Mason apologized for the mistake. We complained to him.
3 The film is showing next week. I've had good reports about it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario